Is your display screen asking for a good cleaning? Are you confused about how to clean 4k monitor screen? If you’ve kids in your home or live in a dusty place, then it’s easy for your screen to collect dust, dirt, and fingerprints easily. Again, the touchscreen display also needs frequent cleaning.
If you are unsure how to keep your screen clean, we will suggest you to read the full article without skipping any part. Because the last thing we make sure that you won’t unknowingly clean your 4k monitor by wiping it with a harmful cleaning agent.
Read on to learn the best way to clean 4k monitor and get the perfect viewing experience every time you turn it on.
Importance of Cleaning Monitor Screens
Many of us don’t take cleaning monitor seriously or end up wiping it with harsh cleaning fluid and ruining it. Keeping it dirt-free is necessary if you want it to run well for a long time.
Again, if you’re suffering from dust allergy, then sanitizing the screen and keyboard is even more crucial because these are the highest touched areas. These parts of your laptop or pc have more bacteria than you can ever imagine. Also, the COVID-19 pandemic has shown us how important maintaining the hygiene of the environment around us.
If you own a delicate high-resolution monitor, it’s more important to keep it dust free and clean it right. So, let’s get to know the do’s and dont’s of cleaning the screen. After all, ignorance isn’t always bliss!
Safety Cautions Before Cleaning Up The 4k Monitor
Before you get into the work, turn the power off. Disconnect the power cables. Make sure the monitor has cooled down. Also, wear gloves if you’ve got sharp nails to avoid putting a scratch on it. Tidy up your workspace. Get rid of any liquid that can spill over the monitor while you clean it.
These are the things you should avoid cleaning your display with if you don’t want to ruin it:
- Window cleaner
- All-purpose household cleaning solution
- Cleaning agent containing ammonia or alcohol
- Abrasive pad
- Paper towel
- Cloth towel
- Rugs or Old t-shirts
- Baby wipes
As we’ve listed out so many things on how to clean 4k Monitor; maybe you’re thinking – what should I clean my 4K monitor screen with? Well, jump into the next section to get the answer!
The Best Way To Clean The 4k Monitor
Keeping your monitor clean isn’t hard. You might be wondering, What household product can I use to clean my computer screen?
Well, keep these readily available near you:
- Dry microfiber cloth
- Distilled water
- A bowl
- White vinegar
Also, it’s nice to have canned air. This thing works wonder to get rid of dust from the computer monitor.
If you’ve a touchscreen monitor, then it’s easy to have fingerprint stains on it. Don’t panic and ask, How do I remove smudges from my 4K monitor? Follow these simple steps on how to clean 4k Monitor:
- Take a bowl. Mix distilled water and white vinegar in 1:1 ratio. It’s the best monitor cleaner because vinegar kills any germs on it. Again, it’s safe on the anti-glare coating on your screen too.
- Soak a lint-free soft cloth in the cleansing solution. Use microfiber cleaning cloth. It’s soft and lint-free. Wring any excess thoroughly. If you don’t the liquid may drip into the screen frame and damage it.
- Wipe the screen in a downward motion. Start from the top and gently go to the bottom. Avoid wiping in a circular motion. Don’t press hard. It might ruin the display.
- Now, wait for it to dry. Or simply wipe it off with a dry cloth.
Ta-da! You’ve got yourself a nice and clean monitor. Now enjoy stunning clarity after you turn it on.
Notes for Cleaning Up LCD Monitors
Now, if you own a LCD monitor, you have to very careful about certain things. Because they are delicate and sensitive to some cleaning product. You don’t want to ruin it unknowingly, do you?
Check the things of what not to do while cleaning your LCD screen:
- Don’t clean the screen while the power is on.
- Cleaning while it’s still hot is forbidden.
- Never spray or pour liquid directly. It may drip down into the bezels and cause damage. Use damp cloth after wringing out the liquid residue.
- LCD is super sensitive to acetone, toluene, methyl chloride, ethyl acid, ethyl alcohol, and ammonia-based cleaning fluids.
- Don’t use glass cleaner. They contain ammonia, which might cause harm to the anti-glare coating on your screen.
- Using disinfecting wipes is a big no-no. Active ingredients in Clorox and Lysol wipes can ruin your display.
- Don’t press hard while cleaning. Be gentle and wipe it in one direction from top to bottom.
How to Clean LG 4k Monitor?
Before cleaning it always read the user manual to check the manufacturer’s instruction. Some of you might be wondering, Can you use isopropyl alcohol to clean a 4K monitor? Well, these displays are much sensitive, unlike the CRT screens. So, don’t clean computer screen with alcohol. It’s corrosive and can strip off your anti-reflective coat. Again, it can cause clouding too!
You may ask, then what should I clean my monitor screen with? Use a clean cloth and distilled water. We prefer you to use the microfiber cloth that usually comes with your reading glass.
If the stain is stubborn, we suggest to wiping it with diluted white vinegar. Thin it down by mixing it with water in a 50/50 portion.
The previously given steps are the safest practice to clean a monitor. Follow them.
Sanitizing Or Disinfecting Wipes, Which One To Choose?
If you’re a clean-freak or have dust-allergy, then you get prompted to use an easy solution. Not every time you’ll have the patience to prepare the vinegar solution, we understand.
You might be thinking, Can I use disinfecting wipes on 4K monitor? Only if your screen is glass protected. Rub it gently with Lysol disinfecting wipes.
Do you notice a glossy finish on your display? Never use disinfecting or sanitizing wipes then. It will wear away the thin outer film on your computer screen.
Now that you’ve known how to clean 4k monitor right, keep it nice and sanitized always. Don’t be lazy and wipe it with anything you can get your hands on. Because nowadays, screens are super sophisticated and sensitive. And you don’t wanna ruin the monitor which you’ve bought with your hard-earned money. So, follow our cautions and never regret it.